11 Jun

In Canada, permanent residents are required to meet residency obligations in order to renew their PR cards.

According to Section 23 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, a permanent resident must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period. 

Currently, many permanent residents, especially parents/grandparents who are outside Canada stuck in other countries, and their PR cards have expired. 

Since permanent residents are required to have a valid PR card to enter Canada, those whose PR cards are expired will have to apply for a travel document to come to Canada. 

It is still questionable whether they can be eligible to be exempted from the residency obligations.

Feel free to contact us at info@a4zimmigration.com or office number +1-289-997-3339 to discuss your opportunity to live and work in Canada, to apply for your Permanent Residence in Canada, or your citizenship.

Please visit our website and fill in the free assessment form. We will review and respond back to you within three days.


* The email will not be published on the website.